Your office was dusted a few days ago, but there is already a visible film of dust on everything from windows to walls. Dusting is one of those activities that, as soon as you’re done with it, you have to start it all over again to keep your office clean all the time. Since dust can enter your workplace from many different sources, you need to stay on top of cleaning schedules.
While visible dust creates a not-so-impressive work environment, a dirty workplace creates various health risks. Fibers from carpet, airborne particles, and tracked-in soil are some of the elements dust can contain.
A clean and well-dusted office building helps business owners and managers to leave a good impression. A clean working environment drives productivity and better work habits. The indirect impact of a clean office is reduced absenteeism. Let’s take a look at some of the right ways to dust an office building.
Dust light fixtures and ceiling fans
A bendable duster can be used to dust ceiling fans and light fixtures. A ladder isn’t required if your building doesn’t have high ceilings. You can bend the duster shaft to dust the hard-to-reach areas. After high dusting light fixtures and fans, you can machine wash the microfiber cover.
How to dust walls
People often ask about the right way to dust walls. You don’t have to dust the walls often. However, if the walls are dusty and you have to do something about it, you can use a microfiber cloth sprayed with a bit of water and a flat head mop to get rid of all the dust on the walls. Using the mop in a ‘w’ pattern will save you time and energy.
Valuable office dusting tips
- Dust high areas first as you move on to the low surfaces. The dust removed from the high surfaces settles down to lower areas where you can easily remove it. Start from one end of the room and work your way towards the other end.
- To dust office desks, lift objects such as phones and files and restore them back to their original positions after cleaning.
- A microfiber cloth can be used to remove smudges and spots from the walls. You can use clean water to rinse it when the cloth becomes soiled.
- It’s not a good idea to dust electronics using a wet cloth, so use a dry microfiber cloth and wipe them gently. Paper towels, window cleaners or tissue paper shouldn’t be used to avoid scratching and damaging.
- When dusting blinds, start with dusting across the top and close them before dusting the entire surface.
- Once done with the dusting, it’s time to vacuum the floor. Your dusting process can end with cleaning upholstered furniture.
If you don’t have a workforce or equipment to keep your workplace clean, don’t hesitate to talk to a professional cleaning company that can take care of all of your cleaning needs from dusting to carpet cleaning.
About Kenberts Cleaning Services
In Edmonton, Kenberts Cleaning Services provides top-notch commercial cleaning services ranging from high dusting and carpet cleaning to window washing and power scrubbing. If you want your workplace to be super clean in a cost-efficient manner, contact us now!